I’ve been blogging for a few years now, initially, it started because I needed to vent my feelings after a miscarriage writing a post called Coping with a miscarriage. Since then I’ve branched out into talking about education and health.
Here is a brief list of the things I love about blogging:
- Positive Feedback – For a writer blogging, is an awesome way to test the water, to practice and put my work out there. All the views and comments are a great encouragement.
- Soul Soothing – When my mind is churning something over, getting it all out on paper and then into a post helps calm my thoughts.
- The Community – The epic world of bloggers, seriously you guys rock, from the shepherdess in the Yorkshire dales, the beautiful soul who posts poetry daily, mummy bloggers who can make me laugh till I cry with toddler woes to the freelancer who lives the digital nomadic lifestyle I aspire to. I’m learning so much and having fun reading.
- Sharing – I’ve got a lifetime of experience to share, the last decade has been an adventure. I’ve home educated my boys to adulthood and worked as a Doula, started a business and am retraining as a web developer. Lots of knowledge to drop on ya.
- Memories – It’s a great way to store things, like my coconut oil toothpaste recipe – Make your own re mineralising toothpaste at home.
- Communication – I use blogging as a way to communicate with my family, no really! I’m not very good at talking about how I feel so when my eldest son tells me “I read XYZ” on your blog, it’s great, I don’t have to have an awkward conversation and he learns to understand me.
- Material – It’s all material for the book or books. 😉
- Freedom – Blogging and freelancing are how we make money, more on that later. I’m working on a post about how to make money online. Parents of young children or anyone else who needs to work from home will find it useful, I hope. Being able to whip out the laptop and hammer out a few 1000 words anywhere is liberating. especially when it’s in a nice coffee shop away from my teens.
Anything you like about Blogging that I may have missed, please feel free to share in the comments. I would love to hear what you get from it.